Dr. Vasileios Sakellariou is an orthopaedic surgeon with significant contributions in the major fields of orthopaedics: adult reconstruction surgery, musculoskeletal oncology, metabolic bone diseases and biomechanics.
The ankle is a large joint made up of three bones:
- The shin bone (tibia)
- The thinner bone running next to the shin bone (fibula)
- A foot bone that sits above the heel bone (talus)
The bony bumps (or protrusions) seen and felt on the ankle have their own names:
- The medial malleolus, felt on the inside of your ankle is part of the tibia's base
- The posterior malleolus, felt on the back of your ankle is also part of the tibia's base
- The lateral malleolus, felt on the outside of your ankle is the low end of the fibula
Athens orthopedic experts
Dr Sakellariou Vasileios
Dr. Panagiotis I. Kontovazainitis is an Orthopaedic Surgeon specializing in sports medicine, arthroscopy, hip and knee reconstruction, as well as orthopaedic consultancy. He has extensive experience abroad and his work has been presented in several medical international conferences.
Dr. Nikolaos Vergados is an Orthopaedic Surgeon at the 2nd Orthopaedic Clinic of Hygeia Hospital. He specializes in sports medicine and injury, orthopaedic surgery, problems of the ankle and the foot, and in traumatology.