Opsis Clinical is a state of the art Plastic Surgery Clinic in the world known city of Heraklion, Crete whose director is Dr. Ioannis Liapakis, a certified plastic surgeon in Greece and abroad. He is specialized in a wide range of invasive and non-invasive cosmetic surgery treatments.
Dr. Liapakis Ioannis
Dr Ioannis Liapakis, MD, PhD graduated from the "University of Athens Medical School" in 1999.
In 2004 he was awarded his first PhD Thesis from the Medical School of the University Crete and in 2016 his second PhD Thesis from the Medical School of the University of Thrace. In 2008 he completed his specialization in Plastic Surgery at St. Savvas Anticancer Hospital of Athens and immediately after he obtained a Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship under the auspices of the Dutch Association of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the Netherlands and Belgium.
During his specialization, he visited several famous Plastic Surgery centres in New York, Toronto, Paris, Stockholm, and Sao Paolo and he also attended several courses in Austria, Great Britain, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Romania, China and Egypt as well.
Since 2008, he is also an active Professor of Anatomy-Histology at the Technical University of Crete, Department of Dietetics.
Since 2008, Dr Liapakis maintains a private clinic in Heraklion, Crete specialized in a wide range of invasive and non-invasive cosmetic surgery treatments.
In 2009, he worked as a Plastic Surgeon at the Centre Chirurgical Des Princes in Paris, France collaborating with Dr Marchac. In 2010, he was awarded with the certificate of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS) at Bern, Switzerland and in 2014 became a member at the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
Dr Liapakis, as an active member of the LEAP/Surgical Relief Teams which assembles humanitarian missions in all over the world, travels to physical disasters, war conflicts or third world countries where health care is insufficiently structured to provide assistance to the poor among the population. He has already undertaken humanitarian missions to Zimbabwe, India, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Jordan, Belize, Jordan and Syrian-Turkey Borders. The main activity in plastic surgery field consists of the correction of gunshot wounds, explosions, burns, craniofacial anomalies, congenital cleft lip and palate.
Dr. Liapakis has published several articles in Greek and international journals and has participated in many international conferences. His work has been widely published in medical academic journals as follows:
- Liapakis IE, Christopoulos A, Tzouganakis AC, Paschalis IE. "Lipofiling and modified "Kligman's formula" for the treatment of Parry-Romberg syndrome". Journal of Surgery and Transplantation Science 2016 4(3): 1028
- Liapakis IE, Englander M, Sinani R, Paschalis EI. "Management of facial telanfgiectasias with hand cautery". World J Plast Surg 2015 Jul; 4(2): 127-133
- Liapakis IE, Paschalis EI, Zambacos GJ, Englander M, Mandrekas A. "Redraping of the fat and eyelift for the correction of the tear trough". J Craniomaxillofac Surg 2014 Oct; 42(7): 1497-502
- Liapakis IE, Englander M, Vrentzos NP, Derdas SP, Paschalis EI. "Secondary rhinoplasty fixations with hyaluronic acid". J Cosmet Dermatol 2013; 12 (3): 235-239
- Liapakis IE, Pashalis EI. "Liposuction and suspension of the orbicularis oculi for the correction of persistent malar bags: description of technique and report of a case". Aesth Plast Surg 2012 June; (36)3: 546-549
- Saroglou M, Tryfon S, Ismailos G, Liapakis I, Tzatzarakis M, Tsatsakis E, Papalois A, Bouros D. "Pharmacokinetics of linezolid and ertapenem in experimental parapneumonic pleural effusion". J Inflamm (Lond) 2010 May 18; 7(1): 22
- Saroglou M, Ismailos G, Tryfon S, Liapakis I, Papalois A, Bouros D. "Penetration of azithromycin in experimental pleural empyema fluid". Eur J Pharmacol 2009; Oct 23
- Archontaki M, Korkolis DP, Arnogiannaki N, Vassiliadis V, Liapakis IE, Christ H, Kokkalis G. "Giant basal cell carcinoma. Clinicopathological analysis of 51 cases and review of the literature". Antican Res 2009; 7:2655-2663
- Liapakis IE, Anagnostoulis S, Karayiannakis AJ, Korkolis D, Lambropoulou M, Arnaud E, Simopoulos C. "Recombinant leptin administration improves early angiogenesis in full-thickness skin flaps: an experimental study". In vivo 2008; 22: 247-252
- Liapakis IE, Anagnostoulis S, Karayiannakis AJ, Korkolis D, Lambropoulou M, Matarasso A, Simopoulos C. «Burn wound angiogenesis is increased by exogenously administered recombinant leptin in rats», Acta Cir Bras 2008; 23(2): 118-124
- Liapakis IE, Korkolis D, Papadopoulos O, Kokkalis G, El-Shazly M, Golematis BC, Vassilopoulos P. «Reconstruction of the chest wall», J BUON 2008; 13(2): 185-191
- Korkolis D, Liapakis IE, Gherardini G, Kokkalis G, Vassilopoulos P. «Melanoma of the head and neck: a review», J BUON 2007; 12: 329-334
- Liapakis IE, Anagnostoulis S, Karayannakis AJ, Korkolis DP, Lambropoulou M, Anastakis DP, Simopoulos CE. «Exogenously administered leptin increases early incisional wound angiogenesis in an experimental model», In vivo 2007; 21: 797- 802
- Liapakis IE, Korkolis DP, Koutsoumbi A, Kokkalis G, Gherardini G, Vassilopoulos PP «Merkel cell carcinoma: Clinicopathological aspects of an unusual neoplasm», J BUON. 2007; 12(2): 173-179
- Korkolis DP, Liapakis IE, Vassilopoulos PP. «Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: Clinicopathological aspects of an unusual cutaneous tumor», Anticancer Res 2007; 27: 1631-1634
- Gherardini G, Zaccheddu R, Milner SM, El-Shazly M, Liapakis IE. «Breast Augmentation with Silicone Implants: the need for a drain. Report on 502 consecutive patients», Eur J Plast Surg 2006; 29(1): 9-12
- Liapakis IE, Korkolis DP, Koutsoumbi A, Fida A, Kokkalis G, Vassilopoulos PP. «Malignant hidradenoma: a report of two cases and review of the literature», Anticancer Res 2006; 26(3B): 2217-2220
- Liapakis IE, Light RW, Pitiakoudis MS, Karayiannakis AJ, Bourboulis-Yamarellos EJ, Ismailos G, Anagnostoulis S, Simopoulos CE, Bouros DE. «Penetration of clarithromycin in the empyema fluid», Respiration 2005; 72: 296-300
- Liapakis IE, Kottakis I, Tzatzarakis MN, Tsatsakis AM, Pitiakoudis MS, Ypsilantis P, Light RW, Simopoulos CE, Bouros DE. «Penetration of newer quinolones in the empyema fluid», Eur Respir J 2004; 24: 466-470
Dr. Liapakis Ioannis is a member of the:
- ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery)
- LEAP Foundation, Surgical Relief Teams © (SRT) to train, equip, connect and deploy highly skilled Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons for short-term disaster relief medical missions
- Editorial Board of Journal Clinics in Surgery-Plastic Surgery
- Hellenic Association of the Study of Melanoma
- Hellenic Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Scientific Association of Greek Medical Students
- Hellenic Medical Students’ International Committee (HeIMSIC) and
- Reviewer at the "Aesthetic Surgery Journal"
Opsis Clinical is located about 3 km from the center of the city. It can be reached from downtown, Heraklion by taxi or by regular city buses.
• 1 Marathonos str, 10435, Athens, Greece
From the Airport and the center of Athens: Take the Metro, line 3 (blue line) to "Kerameikos" Station.