If you are in an advanced maternal age, unable to conceive due to early menopause or due to low ovarian reserve, don’t be discouraged! The latest advancements in science and medicine can help you have a biological child. A new revolutionary method, called ovarian rejuvenation, may be the answer you are looking for!
How it works
The past decades, scientific research in the areas of medicine and biology has focused on stem cells. It has been proved, that under the proper biological stimulus, stems cells can transform into all types of human cells, including eggs. Harvard researchers first discovered the presence of stem cells in the eggs of mice, but soon research expanded to humans. Researchers discovered that stem cells are affected by growth factors contained in the individuals’ own white blood cells, and they can transform into eggs through their interaction with white blood cells and platelets injected into the ovary. The methods related to the use of growth factors are often referred to as PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) or PDGF (Platelet Derived Growth Factors) Therapy.
Since every woman is born with all the eggs that will be available for conception during her reproductive life, and given the fact that the supply of eggs decreases in number and genetic quality as the age progresses, this innovative method solves a problem that seemed unsurpassable in the past.
Is it safe?
Injections of growth factors are currently used for several types of medical treatments with impressive results! Their great advantage is that they are made from a patient’s own blood and blood cells, so there is no possibility of virus transmissions via inserting in the human body the blood of another person, such as hepatitis or HIV. Furthermore, since no synthetic chemicals are involved and the PRP therapy is done from the patient’s own blood products, the possibility of an allergic reaction is extremely unlikely.
What is the process?
There are two phases in the ovarian rejuvenation process:
- The preparation of the patient’s PRP: This is a simple process, which involves the collection of the patient’s several blood tubes through the insertion of a needle into the vein. Then, white globules and platelets are separated from red blood cells and serum through a procedure called centrifugation. This first step of the ovarian rejuvenation process takes in total less than an hour.
- The injection of PRP into the ovaries: The doctors cooperating with MEDIPASS are among the pioneers in ovarian rejuvenation who use a non-surgical approach to ovarian injections. The technique that they have developed to inject the cells into the ovaries is a nonsurgical, transvaginal ultrasound- guided injection performed under sedation with an anesthetic agent called Propofol. This process is similar to the one used for an egg retrieval in the In Vitro Fertilization. Experience shows that this approach is less invasive, safer, and has a shorter, more comfortable recovery.
Is Ovarian Rejuvenation right for me?
If you are a woman with good physical health, who wishes to have a biological child and falls into one or more of the four patient categories, this method is definitely right for you:
- Menopausal or perimenopausal women under the age of 50 years.
- Infertile women, over the age of 35 years, having low egg reserve and low Anti-Müllerian Hormone levels.
- Women under the age of 35 years, who have low egg reserve and low Anti-Müllerian Hormone levels.
- Women with premature ovarian failure (POF).
MEDIPASS cooperates with two renowned experts in the field of Ovarian Rejuvenation in Greece, Dr. Athanasios Garavelas and Dr. Mattheos Fraidakis/Crete Fertility Center.
For more information, please click on the doctors’ names.
Why choose MEDIPASS
Our doctors have performed thousands of IVF egg retrieval procedures in the last 25 years, with a well-established safety record and with an extremely low complication rate. They are using the latest technological advancements in the fields of medicine and biology, in order to enable patients to have a biological child.
Moreover, at MEDIPASS, we are by your side every step of the way. We can answer your questions, make travel arrangements in case you are located abroad, and support the entire process of the medical travel with a human touch.
We are here and we care!